There are many events with relevance to those in the WIOGEN network, and if we have missed some, please do let us know. This is for your interest and reference but these are not events being organised by WIOGEN so please contact the organisations involved for more information.
- Ocean Decade Regional Workshop for Africa and Adjacent Island Countries 27-29 January 2020, in Nairobi (Kenya). This event will provide a forum to gather ocean leaders/champions/key stakeholders to further discuss and prioritize the issues identified at the First Global Planning Meeting. Plenary and working groups will facilitate regional, interdisciplinary discussions across sectors (such as ocean science and technology; ocean policy and sustainable development; business and industry; NGOs and civil society; donors and foundations) to identify concrete deliverables and partnerships to meet the Decade’s six societal objectives.
- Development Studies Association (DSA) 2020 New leadership for global challenges: 17 – 19 June 2020, University of Birmingham (UK) – Call for abstracts closing date: 20 January 2020.The aim is to investigate where and how leadership is emerging at global, regional and local levels to address critical issues such as climate emergency, identity-based inequalities, poverty, violence, ill-health, resource plunder, and digital surveillance
- The European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes EADI ISS 2020: 29 June – 2 July 2020, Erasmus University Rotterdam, hosted at ISS, The Hague (Netherlands) – Call for abstracts closing date: 15 December 2019. The central theme of the conference is “Solidarity, Peace and Social Justice”. Together, these three concepts represent our aspirations for approaches to global development that address inequality, poverty and political marginalisation, also in connection with climate change and other environmental threats.
- Coastal Futures Conference – October 2020 – Australia: Oceans and coasts are changing. We’re listening to those changes. Complex challenges take a diverse community to hear, understand and act. A transdisciplinary, multi-format international conference to share and co-produce knowledge and enable effective action.
- For a full list of Ocean Decade activities, please see this link.